Bingley Harriers – Club Welfare Officer Details
Name Graham Smith
Phone Number 07904 019102
The Welfare Officer will:
- Deal with confidential matters that may arise related to athletes and have an understanding and an appropriate way to such matters.
- Responsible for the promotion of codes of conduct to members, parents and young people.
- Receive, record and pass on to the NGB Child Protection officer, any concerns relating to the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults
- To provide advice on the development of activities for young people within the club/organisation.
- Support the registration of all personnel involved in activities for young people with the club/organisation (CRB checks).
- Recognise the difference between poor practice in according to club rules and matters that would be seen as welfare issue.
The Bingley Harriers codes of conduct are extracted from the UK Athletics Welfare Policy, Code of Conduct.
A full list of UKA Welfare Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Guideline resources available from :-http://www.uka.org.uk/governance/welfare-and-safeguarding/?locale=en