Here we explain the different types of competition you can do as part of your club membership, and give advice on what to do on the day.
– YDL Lower (U13 – U15)
– YDL Upper (U17 – U20)
– Northern Athletics (U17+)
– Yorkshire Championships
– West Yorkshire Track and Field League
What to take with you to competitions
These are the things you will require to take with you while competing:
– Club Vest
– 8 x Safety pins
– Spikes/Throwing Shoes as required
– Plenty of water (atleast a couple of bottles)
– A change of clothes
– A bin liner
– Packed lunch
What to expect on the day (club league competitions)
– When you turn up at any competition, you will collect your numbers from your team manager.
– You will get a slip of paper from your team manager with your events, with their times.
– You will be either the A or B string in your event. This decide which race you’re in or which competition you’re in for field events.
– You will need to warmup atleast 30 mins before your event start time. You are advised to turn up to the start position of your event 20-30 mins before your event starts. Usually your event will be called out when they want you to turn up for it.
What to expect on the day (open competitions)
– When you turn up at any competition, you will collect your numbers from a desk when you turn up at the event.
– If you get a timetable, you will know when your events are. If not, listen out for your event to be called. It is advised to warm-up atleast 30 mins before your event is due to start.