Each year the club organises a championship using races selected from the local area and those organised by the Fell Runners Association (FRA) and BOFRA. It’s open to all junior members between the ages of 6 and 17 and is contested in the following age categories:
- Under 9
- Under 11
- Under 13
- Under 15
- Under 17
Ages are as at 31st December 2019 (members stay in the same category throughout the year). See Age Conversion Table below (the rules at some races can differ).
To be eligible for a prize, members must finish in 8 of the 16 races, so there’s plenty of opportunity to take part. Please note: only the best 8 races will count!
|Miles from Bingley|
- All competitors must be paid-up members of Bingley Harriers and Athletics Club;
- The first ten Bingley members in each race will score points: ten for the first member to finish down to one for the tenth in each age/gender category;
- The best 8 scores from the 16 races will count towards the final category position;
- The competitor with the highest cumulative score from their best 8 races will be the winner of their category;
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by a count back of finishing positions.
Trophies & Prizes
- Ken Smith Junior Fell Cups for the best boy and girl performances;
- Ken Smith Trophy for the most improved runner (recommended by the Junior Fell Manager and agreed with the club President)
- All three Ken Smith winners;
- Best newcomer (not having previously raced on the fells for the club);
- Winners in each age category;
- Everyone who completes between 8 and 11 races;
- Everyone who completes 12 or more races.
Gary Childs, Junior Fell Team Manager
07894 835594 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Conversion Table
|Age Category||Year of Birth|
|U9||2011, 2012, 2013|