Bingley Harriers & AC are considering a new position of Events Coordinator to further strengthen the ability of the club to meet the expectations of members for the future.
Members will no doubt be aware that the club recently appointed Keith Daniel as Coaching Coordinator.
Following the appointment of the Coaching Coordinator the Strategy sub-committee and full committee agreed the next priority will be to appoint an Events Coordinator to further strengthen and improve the overall club structure.
The increasing number and diverse events covered by the multiple disciplines of the club are in need of prioritising and structuring to create a platform satisfying the aspiration of members and leading to participation at all levels.
It is anticipated the Events Coordinator will identify and develop the coordination of all events across the various disciplines of the club and further streamline the planning and organising of events with a view to also facilitating the Club Development Plan.
It is important to note that the roll of the Events Coordinator is not to become involved in the detailed planning or to actively organise events but to work with others as required to identify and maintain the events diary and oversee the overall approach and handling of event activities.
This position would suit someone with experience of organising events together with basic administration knowledge and a desire to be part of the future success of the club.
The Events Coordinator role description also covers other aspects and responsibilities embracing:
- Investigating, identifying and maintaining a list of all events in which the club and members aspire participation.
- Liaising with Coaching Coordinator, Team Managers, Race Organisers, Representatives and others to achieve an annual and/or seasonal event plan to balance achieving overall club success and suit individual athletes.
- Liaising with other club officers and members as necessary to prioritise events, identify and assist in resolving possible conflicts of events or dates.
- Highlighting forward planning of events and advise, where required or requested, race organisers on their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensuring events are well publicised, reported and recorded.
- Reporting to the committee on the status of event planning and organisation.
- Working towards achieving and fulfilling the Club Development Plan objectives.
At this stage this is an interim position and will be subject to a change to the Constitution being approved at the AGM and will then become a committee position for election at the AGM and election annually thereafter.
Any club member interested in applying for the position either individually or as a role share or would like more information, please contact the club Secretary Jill Jones at email@example.com